On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 grocery deliverer, Mark Rivera noticed smoke pouring out of a second-story window at 790 Broadway.
Sleeping residents inside did not notice the smoke until Rivera and the owner of nearby C-Town rushed into the building to knock on doors.
Firefighters arrived soon after and battled the fire for two hours before they got it under control. Thankfully, no residents were injured, but a total of 12 residents were left without homes.
Champion Adjustment is working with these families to rebuild what is lost and help them move forward as quickly and comfortably as possible. The building is now being knocked down and exposure is being tarped and secured.
Read the full story here: www.nj.com